Palouse Research, Extension and Education Center
The center conducts research and extension projects in the plant and animal sciences that benefit farmers and ranchers locally, regionally, and globally. Many hands-on University of Idaho laboratory classes in the plant and animal sciences also take place at the center.
The center has six distinct units on or near the University of Idaho campus in Moscow and an on-campus administrative office:
- Sixth Street Greenhouse Complex
- Hubert C. Manis Entomological Research Laboratory
- Kambitsch Farm (plant science and land management)
- Parker Farm (plant science and land management)
- North Farm (dairy, sheep and feed mill operations)
- West Farm (beef operation)
Most faculty members who use the center’s facilities are based in the departments of Plant, Soil, and Entomological Sciences, Animal and Veterinary Science, or Biological and Agricultural Engineering.