Super Saturday Leader Training
This fun day of training for new and returning 4-H volunteer leaders is held annually in February. Join leaders from north-central Idaho to find out what’s new and to share interesting project ideas.
- February 22, 2014 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Lewis-Clark State College campus
4-H Livestock Project Field Days
4-H Livestock Projects are developed to teach youth the principals of animal science. With each project, youth learn the up-to-date industry standards of sound breeding, feeding and management practices.
- 4-H Beef Field Day| March 8, 2014 | 9:30 a.m. at the Lewiston Livestock Market
- 4-H Swine Field Day| March 22, 2014 | 9 a.m. at the Asotin County Fairgrounds
Have fun doing hands-on 4-H activities and show what you have learned by participating in county demonstrations.
- 4-H Activities Day & Demonstration Contest
- Sunday, May 18 | 2 p.m.–4 p.m.
- Nez Perce County Fairgrounds
Judging is an art developed through patient study and practice. In 4-H, youth learn to evaluate, make decisions, communicate and develop confidence by keen observation, picturing the ideal, comparing the advantages of one animal or item over the other, placing the class and being able to explain their reasons for their decision.
CL2N 4-H Camp
Join 4-H members from all over north Idaho, eastern Washington and western Oregon for a great weekend filled with outdoor fun! This overnight summer camp is for youth 8-years-old (as of January 1 of the current year) through 7th grade. The camp is held at the Camp Wooten Environmental Learning Center outside of Pomeroy, Washington (approximately 45 miles west of Clarkston, WA). 4-H teens (just finishing 8th grade and available to attend teen training) can apply for a group or cabin leader position.
- CL 2 N 4-H Camp Counselor Training | June 26, 2014 | Nez Perce County Fairgrounds
- CL 2 N 4-H Camp | July 11-14, 2014 | Camp Wooten Environmental Learning Center
Citizenship and Leadership!
This unique 4-H youth program combines workshops with educational field trips and professional consultations to learn how our government works – locally, statewide and nationally. In Nez Perce County, CWF is a three-year project culminating with youth spending a week at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, followed by a week visiting important historical locations on the east coast that represent our nation’s history and government. The 2015 delegation is the 18th group from Nez Perce County to attend the Washington Focus program since 1964.
Nez Perce County Fair
Show off your projects!
The Nez Perce County Fair is held each September in Lewiston.
- “Grow It and Show It at the Nez Perce County Fair” | September 18-21, 2014
- 4-H Horse Show| June 28, 2014
- 4-H Horse Stall Display at Nez Perce County Fair
- 4-H Dog Show | August 2, 2014
- 4-H Fashion Revue | September 18, 2014
- 4-H & FFA Fair Schedule
- 4-H and FFA Fairgrounds Livestock Map
- 4-H Fairgrounds RV Map