The Plank Clinic is open for walk-ins or phone calls on:
October 1 – March 31 Winter Hours No walk-in days are available during the off season, however we are available by phone. Please leave us a detailed message and a volunteer will be in the office one day per week (variable) to return your call. Samples may be dropped off to our front desk and we will address them once per week.
April 1 – September 30 Summer Hours Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Sample Submission Guidelines
In order for us to assure accuracy and speed, please follow these guidelines closely.
What You’ll Need
- A full description of your situation, including the variety of the plant if possible
- Details about your planting, watering, fertilizing, pesticide use (type of chemicals applied), etc.
- Good physical samples and photographs that show the whole plant (flower, stalk, leaf and root) or insect
Please read the following before bringing in your sample:
- Plant Damage Identification Guidelines
- Insect Identification Guidelines
- Plant and Weed Identification Guidelines
What to Expect
- Lots of questions! The more info we have, the better detectives we can be
- Please expect to fill out a questionnaire related to your request. We will need the entire questionnaire completed in order to answer your questions
- Friendly volunteer assistance and education along with a “best guess” diagnosis
- Sending submissions to the University of Idaho, if necessary
- Approved growing and pesticide recommendations from the University of Idaho
- Suggestions for learning more through our classes, web and print resources
- Limited office hours based on the availability of our volunteers and on the time of year
- Our office is staffed by our certified volunteers. If we are not available on the day you visit, please know that an Idaho Master Gardener will contact you as soon as possible.