2014 Evening and Saturday Horticulture Workshop Series Presented by your Idaho Master Gardeners
Please click on the link above for our list of classes for Winter/Spring 2014
Please click on the link above for our registration form for the 2014 classes
- February – April
- Cost: Evening Classes $10.00 per class
- Cost: Saturday Workshops vary in price. See document above
- Pre-registration and pre-payment is required to reserve your space
- For more information or to register, call (208) 446-1680
NEW THIS YEAR – SATURDAY WORKSHOPS as part of our annual Horticulture Series
2014 Introduction to Beekeeping Workshop
- Saturday, February 15, 2014 Time: 9AM – 4PM
- Cost: Individual – $25 Family group of 2 (if sharing printed info) - $30
- Certified Idaho Master Gardeners are welcome to sign up for this workshop for the fees listed above.
- Beginner’s manual, handouts and light refreshments will be included.
- Age limit for this class is 12 years old.
- Pre-registration is required. Space is limited to 30 participants. Please bring lunch with you.
- Registration deadline February 1, 2014
- For registration and additional information, call (208) 446-1680
Topics Covered: General biology and physiology, equipment, honey extraction, parasites, pests and disease, troubleshooting, nectar sources. This workshop will help introduce you to the exciting world of beekeeping. It will give you the basics needed to develop your skills and further your understanding of this incredible creature. It is meant for those new to the idea of beekeeping, those that have read up or practiced with a hive and for those already involved in our local bee keeping efforts who want to learn even more. Come explore this insect and the art of beekeeping and learn from our Idaho Master Gardeners.
Medicinal Herbs to Grow in Northern Idaho – Presented by Barbara St. Dennis, Holistic Therapist and owner of New Moon Energetics
Saturday, February 22, 2014 Time: 1PM – 4PM
- Pre-registration is required. This class can be standing room only.
Homegrown medicines are like homegrown foods – simply the best! Learn to grow your own medicine chest, teas for your tummy and salves for your injuries and aches. Learn what can boost your immunity and strengthen your system during our seasons. You will be amazed at what you can create affordably with Barbara’s guidance. Don’t miss this class!
2014 Chicks in the City – Raising Chickens in City Limits …Back by popular demand…
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 Time: 1PM-3PM OR Monday Evening March 3, 2014 6-8PM
- Cost $10 per person. Call for family group rate
- Pre-registration is suggested. Space is limited and it fills up fast. This class sold out in 2013
Chickens in the city limits are possible!! Come join University of Idaho Veteran Master Gardener, Beckie Williams and Deirdre Rushing and find out how. Beckie is a master chicken raiser and will share her successes and failures. Deirdre currently has a flock of 130 chickens. The two of them will provide you with essential information to have healthy, happy, and productive chickens. Also discussed will be the various rules and regulations mandated by Kootenai County and cities within Kootenai County. Don’t miss this workshop it is sure to be entertaining. Space is limited so please pre-register in order to assure availability.
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required to save your space in our Horticultural Series classes. Registration and checks payable to UI Extension Master Gardener Program and can be sent to:
1808 N. 3rd Street
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
2014 Biocontrol Workshops
- Spring 2014 – date to be determined by insect activity
- Space is very limited
- Pre-registration is required
- For more information, call (208) 446-1680