Whether you are a new or returning member, parent or leader, there is basic information related to the 4-H program that you should be familiar with.
The following materials provide answers to many of the most frequently asked questions, along with tools to help plan schedules and ensure everyone knows what is required to have a successful 4-H experience.
Explore these resources for more information:
- 4-H Calendar
- Idaho 4-H Policies and Procedures
- Kootenai/Shoshone 4-H Project Requirements
- New 4-H Family Handbook
County Oral Presentations Contest
This contest is open to all 4-H members ages 8-18, and all project areas. This is a great way to show off you presentation polish and get a judges feedback on what you do well and areas you may be able to improve in.
- Speak Up With Confidence – Oral Presentation Tips Sheets
- Kootenai/Shoshone 4-H Oral Presentations Guidelines
- 2014 Oral Presentations Preregistration Form
- Illustrated Talk & Demonstration Evaluation Form
- Speech Evaluation Form
- Dramatic Presentation Evaluation Form
Fair Related Materials
Fair is a big time for most 4-Her’s as it marks the completion and evaluation of most 4-H projects. The North Idaho Fair is held in the later part of August with several aspects of project evaluation beginning in mid-August. Below is information and forms that may assist 4-Her’s in successfully preparing for the fair experience.
- 4-H Fair Calendar 2014
- 4-H Fair General Rules 2014
- 4-H Fair Departments 2014
- Project Evaluation Form
Interview judging provides opportunities for youth to interact with the judges regarding their project work. Listed below are several items that members and volunteer leaders will need to be well prepared for the interview judging experience.
- Interview Judging Schedule – 2014
- Interview Judging Scorecard
- Interview Judging Scorecard for Club Officers
- Sample Interview Judging Questions
- 4-H Club Scrapbook Insert
- Fashion Revue Scorecard
- Style Show Commentary Form
Those members who will be exhibiting animals during the annual North Idaho Fair will need to complete and submit a 4-H Livestock Entry Form. Families wishing to stay in the Camper Village area or to purchase additional Fair passes can utilize the second form below to do so.
- North Idaho Fair 4-H Livestock Entry Form – 2014 this form is for any 4-H member planning to exhibit an animal (bird, rabbit, goat, sheep, swine, beef or dairy) at the fair
- Additional Pass and Camper Village Form – 2014 this form is for families with members exhibiting livestock, livestock leaders and livestock superintendents