UI Extension, Ada County provides information on nutrition, healthy recipes, cooking with whole grains, and maintaining physical activity. Follow UI Extension Family Finance, Food, and Fitness on Facebook.
This nutrition, exercise and strength training program is designed for women age 40 and over. The series is led by Marsha Lockard and Barbara Abo, Extension Educators and Certified StrongWomen trainers. StrongWomen is a national fitness and nutrition program for women. The StrongWomen program will help you increase your strength, bone density, balance and energy and you will look and feel better.
Staying physically active and being properly nourished are two of the most important things you can do to stay healthy for life. The StrongWomen program has shown scientifically proven benefits for middle-aged and older women in:
• Restoration of Balance & Reduction of Falls
• Strengthening of Bones
• Weight Management
• Improved Glucose Control
• Arthritis Relief
• Healthy Heart Tissue
• Sleep Improvement
• Healthy State of Mind
This program is a free 8-week challenge for fitness and health, and includes healthy living topics sent to your email address. It is an opportunity to challenge yourself and your family to eat nutritious foods and become more physically active. This non-meeting format allows you to work on healthy eating and moving in your own way and at your own time. Commitment is all that is needed when you sign up. You will be “required” to:
• “Attend” weekly by reading each email tip sheet and applying the topic to your life—journaling briefly on a calendar.
• Complete the pre-survey before beginning the class.
• Complete the post-survey at the conclusion of the class.
• Email the instructor once during the 8 weeks with questions, comments, suggestions, or remarks regarding how the information is useful to you.