Each year, Idaho gardeners by the hundreds make a very special commitment to their neighbors, their communities, their environment and themselves. They agree to give at least 50 volunteer hours where they share their knowledge with others. In return, they get 50 or more hours of intensive, fast-paced training from UI Extension.
What Idaho Master Gardeners Do:
- Answer horticultural questions by telephone or in person
- Teach classes for civic organizations, church groups, garden clubs and schools
- Promote environmental responsibility
- Bring the joy of gardening to both children and adults
Becoming an Idaho Master Gardener
To apply for the Idaho Master Gardener Program, you should meet a few minimal requirements:
- Have an interest, and some knowledge, in basic gardening, horticulture and plant-related topics.
- Can communicate effectively with the public.
- Available to participate in 50 hours of class work and 50 hours of volunteer work
To learn more about the program (schedule, fees, class work description, etc.), contact a UI Extension representative at email@example.com or (208) 287-5900.
Valuable information can also be found on the Idaho Master Gardener Leadership application.